Seeking deeper connection to your intuition and inner vision, higher creativity and imagination, more clarity and freedom of thought? Struggling with sleep or experiencing eye issues? These may be signs that your sixth energy center could use some cuddling – and Third Eye Chakra Affirmations might just sharpen your vision!
Affirmations are positive statements – declarations that compliment who you are or confirm who you wish to be – that can help you challenge and overcome negative thoughts, encourage yourself, boost self-esteem, relieve anxiety, increase self-love, and expand upon the tangible as well as the mystical properties of the chakras.
How? They stimulate the areas in your brain that make you more likely to effect positive change in regard to yourself and your health.
Repeating affirmations can help you harness the power of your emotions and put them to positive use. They are powerful tools for cleansing, balancing and manifesting. Truly believing what you’re affirming is crucial to invoking the ancient magic of affirmations – which science now supports – in daily life.
To deep dive into what affirmations are, how and why they work, and where they fit into the chakra system – check this out!
In this article, we’ll unpack:
- The Third Eye Chaka
- Indications of a balanced Third Eye Chakra
- Third Eye Chakra blockages and symptoms
- When and how to rock Third Eye Chakra affirmations
- Affirmations for the Third Eye Chakra
What Is The Third Eye Chakra?
Ajna – the Sanskrit name for the Third Eye Chakra – translates to:
“Perception” or “Beyond Wisdom”
Ajna is the sixth energy center in the body. The Third Eye Chakra is associated with the color indigo or violet and the element of light.
Located in the center of your skull, between your eyebrows, Ajna is the control center, the seat of the mind, and the connection between mind and body.The sixth Chakra is your point of intuition, your access to clear thoughts, self-reflection, inner vision and guidance. Of great spiritual significance, the Third Eye is said to unite the two major pranic forces in the body to open up the mind to inner stillness, divine sight and intuition.
All of the Chakras are linked, so a balanced or blocked Third Eye Chakra affects the health of the other Chakras too. Why? Energy needs to circulate through the body in order for us to be healthy – physically, emotionally, energetically and spiritually. When the Chakras are aligned it flows, when they’re blocked it’s stagnant.
Indications Of A Balanced Third Eye Chakra
When the Third Eye Chakra is open we see reality and our true Self clearly, we’re able to self-reflect, see the world and understand it. Alignment within Ajna elevates our clarity, with others and ourself, and allows us to access:
- Logic and creativity — Here lies the ability to integrate logical thinking and creativity.
- Wisdom — The Third Eye is the center of wisdom and knowledge which allows us to open our minds to deeper, more evolved understandings.
- Vision — Ajna is the link between mind and the physical world. It enables us to internalize the outer world.
- Intuition — This Chakra enables us to access our inner-perception and intuitive senses. Ajna is crucial to clearly perceiving the subtle qualities of reality.
- Self-Reflection — This energy center is responsible for our ability to self-examine.
Someone with a balanced Ajna Chakra feels clear, creative, and confident in their intuition. They are secure in themselves and the world. They’re likely calm and wise, and are willing to share their wisdom when prompted.
Third Eye Chakra Blockages
Key responsibilities of the Third Eye Chakra are vision and the ability to recognize and trust our intuition. The capacity to clearly see reality, decipher the codes within it and reflect upon our visions are empowered or prevented here.
Symptoms of a Blocked Third Eye Chakra
The Chakras spin and attract energy that is on the same frequency, and in turn sends it back out – like attracts like. The more positive energy a chakra consumes, the more positive energy it releases and the more positivity it magnetizes back. However, the same goes for negativity.
Presence and awareness are crucial when it comes to unblocking, attracting, and manifesting.
As with the other energy centers, the two main reasons your Third Eye Chakra may not function properly are due to an overactive or under-active flow of energy (prana). When Ajna is out of balance, we may struggle to see what’s real and true, ignore our intuition, feel disconnected from ourselves, or experience other destructive emotions such as:
- Mental – lack of concentration, inability to see past illusions and self-reflect, poor memory, experiencing nightmares
- Emotional – fear of the unknown, fixation on seemingly random things, lack of intuition, disconnection from the Universe
- Physical – headaches, eye issues, impaired vision, exhaustion, difficulty sleeping
Third Eye Chakra Affirmations Can Help
There are affirmations to help elevate our ability to communicate with ourselves and others, as well as stability of wellness including physical, mental and emotional health and spirituality.
How To Choose An Affirmation
Simply choose an existing affirmation that resonates with you in the moment – reading it feels like a cuddle or elicits an emotional response or inspiration. Or create one for yourself – this may come to you intuitively, or you might be inspired by ours.
The affirmations here are only suggestions. Please feel free to add affirmations for the Third Eye Chakra that feel empowering, leave behind those that do not, or come up with your own!
How To Practice Third Eye Chakra Affirmations
Everyones’ style varies – according to body type, time available, emotional and energetic needs, state of mind, time of month, etc – and it’s likely that your choices will evolve through the short and long seasons of life pending on how you’re feeling and what you’re seeking.
Here are some loose guidelines and tips to get started. Feel free to experiment and sculpt accordingly to suit your needs!
- To practice Third Eye Chakra meditation, find a sweet spot – many prefer a quiet place.
- Get comfortable, like you would for meditation – seated or lying down, with the spine as straight as possible.
- Focus on the space in the very center of the brain – between the brows and directly down through your crown – the location of the Third Eye Chakra. You might take a few slow, gentle circles of your head to help hone in on Ajna. See if you can find and feel a point of focus.
- Breathe. Consider trying sama vritti – often called equal or coherent breathing – where the length of the exhalation matches the length of the inhalation. No prescribed count, your own pace, rolling circularly from inhale to exhale and back again whilst focusing on the Third Eye center.
- Read your chosen affirmation over and over, committing it to memory if possible. Perhaps eventually softening your gaze or closing your eyes, if that feels safe, as you continue to say it aloud or silently.
- As you repeat the affirmation, visualize the violet color of the Third Eye Chakra and imagine it flowing into your energy center. This may appear as an expansion of the color from the center through your body into the space around you, or an increase in vibrancy or saturation, with your inhalation, followed by the color shrinking back to a small point or soft glow with the contraction of your exhalation.
- Strive to see infinite spaciousness – perhaps by focusing your internal gaze upon what would be a point on the horizon line ahead of you and then drawing that point in towards you until you experience a cross-eyed sensation as the point enters your head – then send it back out again.
- Truly, deeply engage – immerse in the feeling of the words of the Third Eye Chakra affirmation.
- Tip – if you need a little extra to amp your concentration, try chanting the seed mantra for the Third Eye Chakra: OM or AUM.
Third Eye Chakra Affirmations
Third Eye Chakra affirmations can help heal and activate the energy center that snuggles your soul and amplifies your ability to see. By powering your intentions through affirmations, this Chakra can be balanced and allow more alignment in life – inside and out.
Practice these Third Eye Chakra affirmations to elevate your visualization powers and improve your eyesight, intuition and self-knowing. The ability to see and accept what truly is and be excited about life can be positively, profoundly affected by working with Third Eye Chakra affirmations.
10 Basic Third Eye Chakra Affirmations
- I feel, I act, I sense, I see
- I see beyond what is apparent to what is really there
- With love as my inner guide, I welcome healing and step into light
- I visualize myself achieving my goals and I effortlessly embody my visualizations
- I possess the wisdom I need to see all that is, all that was and all that will be
- I trust my intuition to reveal the path I’m meant to walk
- The source of my truth is universal, un-limited, unconditional love
- I align my inner sense of what is right and what is true with my actions
- I acknowledge that living fully in the present involves completely embracing my past
- I believe in the power of my imagination to show me that anything is possible
24 Third Eye Chakra Affirmations for Intuition and Wisdom
- I am wise, intuitive, and connected to my inner guidance
- I trust my intuition, always
- I embrace wisdom as a bridge to my higher self
- My intuition is highly honed and powerful
- I am connected to the wisdom of the Universe
- I choose to tap into my inner wisdom
- My inner wisdom guides me to my highest good
- I honor my intuition and use it as a guide
- My inner self always has the answer
- Whenever I am in doubt, I always listen to my intuition
- I trust my intuition more and more every day
- I open myself to know my inner guidance and deepest wisdom
- My intuition is highly accurate and clear
- I know my intuition will guide me in the right direction
- My intuition leads me to my passion and purpose in life
- I have found that if I quiet myself, the answers will come to me
- My intuition knows the way
- I trust and follow my intuition
- I am open to the wisdom within
- I am connected with all beings and feel the wisdom of all of life embedded within my body, mind and spirit
- I am now using my intuition and insight without fear and without delusion
- I am connected to the wisdom of the Universe
- My intuition is my superpower
35 Third Eye Chakra Affirmations for Spirit, Source and Truth
- I re-discover my spiritual truth every day
- I nurture my spirit and am in tune with its needs
- I am connected to my higher power
- I embrace the subconscious truth that my dreams reveal
- I am the source of my truth
- Every day, in every way I am connecting to the Universe
- I am responsible for my spiritual development
- Everyone has my unconditional love
- My connection to Source is constant and abundant
- I’m willing to be led by the Universe
- I live in alignment with my authentic self
- My truth and my love are limitless and guide me
- Everything I need is within me
- I am one with the Universe
- I am on the path to enlightenment
- I am a spirit having a human experience
- I can tap into source energy at any time
- I am aligned with the Universe
- I step back and let the Universe lead the way
- I am in tune with my inner guide
- I am an eternal and infinite being
- I trust the divine plan of the Universe
- I am connected to my true path and purpose
- I am an extension of the Universe
- I am an expression of the divine
- I am a divine being
- I am a part of the Divine and I deserve to be happy
- I am a loving soul in a human body
- I am stepping into a new and fresh awareness
- I am connecting to my higher self
- I am now allowing myself to be guided by the universe
- I am connected to the abundance universe
- I deepen my connection with spirit and discover the unique ways it speaks to me
- I am an open and clear channel to receive guidance and clarity from my guides and the universe
- My body is a powerful messenger and I listen carefully to the signs and guidance I receive
35 Third Eye Chakra Affirmations for Growth and Purpose
- I trust that my highest good is unfolding
- My life moves effortlessly towards my purpose
- I seek to understand and learn from my life experiences
- Every situation is an opportunity for growth
- I am able to see and act in alignment with my divine purpose
- I attune myself to recognizing the changes I want to make and commit to celebrating them when they happen
- I open myself to new energy and experience
- I set goals and exceed them because I trust myself and know I can
- Seeing and understanding the big picture comes naturally to me
- I open myself to seeing new possibilities that align with my spirit
- I am giving thanks and I am grateful for all my successes in life
- I am sailing the sea of abundance
- I am the captain of my ship
- I flow upon the sea of my abundant inner-guidance
- I am guided by my good feelings
- I am connected to the Universe
- I release and forgive the past
- I know I’m being guided toward the highest good
- I choose to be the light in all situations
- I’m a magnet for miracles
- I choose to view my obstacles as opportunities to get closer to God
- The world is my classroom and the people are my assignments
- I release all blocks to my spiritual connection
- I let go of fear and I’m ready to realign
- I’m ready to lift the veil of the spiritual realm
- I’m willing to learn through love
- I always let love lead the way
- I release the past and let go of the future
- All things are possible
- Today is a beautiful day, full of love and joy
- Thank you for my life, and all that I have to be grateful for
- I love and accept myself
- My thoughts are positive and loving
- I give myself permission to be happy and fulfilled in my life
- I feel love and live in peace
12 Third Eye Chakra Affirmations for Vision
- My third eye sees all
- I radiate indigo-blue light from my third eye chakra
- I see reality clearly
- My vision is magic
- All things are beautiful
- I see all things in clarity
- I can manifest my vision
- I am a present observer in my life
- Beauty is everywhere
- The truth always reveals itself
- Beauty is my natural filter
- I trust my vision
10 Third Eye Chakra Affirmations for Imagination and Creativity
- My imagination is vivid and powerful
- My true power lies in the present moment
- I am a channel for inspiration
- My work is needed in this world
- I am powerful
- My body is a lovely home for my radiant soul
- Today I will be kind to myself and others
- I am creative
- My creativity is unique, powerful and needed
- I am in flow
Choose affirmations that feel meaningful for you, and repeat them regularly. Continue to work with your chosen affirmation(s) until you intuitively feel ready for a new one.
Consistency is key, so choose a few (no more than three) affirmations to use daily. You can either set aside a specific time to meditate with your affirmation(s), or you can repeat them silently in your mind as you go about your day.
Really tune into the words you’re saying, and trust that you will feel the energy they carry as you become who you wish to be. When used regularly, Third Eye Chakra affirmations are potent mantras – medicine for all things visual, intuitive and clarifying – internal and external.