Such issues as low self-esteem can be caused by many things – and the affirmations you use should reflect this.
For example, perhaps you just can’t shake off feelings of guilt or anger about something you’ve done in the past – then you need some self-forgiveness affirmations.
Or maybe it’s hang-ups about your body image that are hindering your ability to self-love. Then you need some body-positive affirmation quotes.
Or perhaps you’re struggling to find things around you that make you happy – then you’ll need some gratitude affirmations to foster self love.
Whatever the source of your self-criticism, we’ve got some affirmations for you. Below you’ll find our 104 favorites to held dispel negative thoughts and get you self-loving in no time!
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are short, carefully formatted statements. They are believed to empower users to break negative thought cycles, foster positive thinking, and achieve greater control over their thoughts.
For these powerful statements to be effective, the general rule of thumb states that they need to be in the present tense, positive tone, personal to the user, and specific to the desired outcome.
How to Use Affirmations
Affirmations are repeated to one’s self through thought, speaking out loud, or being written down.Different repetition lengths work for different people, but for affirmations to be effective, it’s recommended to start with between 3 to 5 minutes, two to three times a day.
This might sound like a lot, but repetition is crucial for reaping the benefits of these powerful statements.
People also use other methods to optimize the effectiveness of their affirmations, such as the mirror technique.
104 Self Love Affirmation Quotes To Soothe The Soul
Without further ado, here are our favorite self love affirmation quotes to help relieve your self-criticism, whether it’s rooted in a lack of self-forgiveness, self-confidence, body positivity, or otherwise.
Forgiveness self love affirmation quotes
- I deserve to be kind to myself.
- I forgive myself.
- I did the best I could at the time with what I knew.
- I am not my mistakes.
- I am doing the best I can.
- I let go of the heavy weight of doubt, shame, guilt and embarrassment.
- I release the past so I can grow from this point onwards.
- I am capable of moving beyond my mistakes.
- I have the strength to heal from the hurt and pain I have caused.
- I forgive myself one day at a time until it’s complete.
- I’m letting go of my past free and forgiving my participation in it.
- I release the hope of a different past and instead accept my true past.
- I’m exhaling my anger and rage and inhaling understanding and compassion.
- I have the strength to heal and become whole again.
- I am learning to love myself more every day.
- I am a constant work in progress.
- I release the grip of anger and embarrassment from my body.
- I am open to seeing myself in a new light.
- I let go of my past beliefs that no longer serve me.
- I am at peace with my past.
Acceptance self love affirmation quotes
- I am letting go of all my worries and fears.
- I accept all of me unconditionally.
- I embrace who I am.
- I am perfect, just as I am.
- I am creating my own love.
- I am enough.
- I am whole.
- I am constantly growing, evolving and becoming my best self.
- I allow myself to be who I truly am.
- Despite how I feel, I understand this feeling and situation are temporary.
- My peace is my power.
- I love myself for who I am.
- There are some things I can’t change, and I am okay with that.
- I trust the Universe is looking out for my higher good.
- I have all that I need to get through this day.
- Everything is going to be okay.
Manifesting self love affirmation quotes
- I deserve a peaceful and loving life.
- I prepare me to be a sanctuary.
- I am a magnet for my dreams and goals.
- I am a positive person who attracts positive things into my life.
- The best is yet to come.
- I deserve happiness and joy.
- The future I want is manifesting right now.
- I radiate love.
- I am worthy of good experiences.
- My dreams easily turn into reality.
- I am achieving my dreams.
- I choose to move my focus on happy experiences.
- I am worthy of good things.
- I am attracting into my life the things I want.
- I am a good person who deserves happiness, health, and peace.
Gratitude self love affirmation quotes
- I appreciate the abundance in my life.
- Dhanya Vad (Sanskrit phrase meaning “I am grateful”).
- I am thankful and grateful for the good in my life.
- I appreciate my life with all of my heart.
- I recognize that I have everything I need.
- I am happy and grateful for everything I have and receive daily.
- I constantly remind myself to enjoy all the good I have in my life right now.
- Nowhere to be, nothing to do, nothing to fix.
- Ananda Hum (Sanskrit meaning “I am bliss”).
- My gratitude brings me into a harmonious relationship with the good in everyone and everything that surrounds me.
- Kritajna Hum (Sanskrit meaning “I am gratitude”).
- I am grateful for many things in my life that bring me joy and comfort.
- I trust that what’s meant for me is already mine, regardless of how and when it is mine.
Confidence self love affirmation quotes
- I am powerful.
- I am proud of myself.
- I can overcome every obstacle that comes my way.
- I believe in my abilities.
- I have unlimited power.
- I am stronger than my fears.
- I can face every challenge.
- I don’t need validations from others to know how good I am.
- Self-deprecation isn’t something I need.
- I believe in myself and my power.
- Others love me for who I am.
- I am strong and confident.
- I am independent and in control of my life.
- I am capable.
Body Positive self love affirmation quotes
- I am at home in my wonderful body.
- I love my body and all that it does for me.
- My imperfections are what make me unique.
- Being myself is enough.
- I’m proud of my body and all that it does for me.
- I am exactly who I need to be.
- Magazine photos are airbrushed, photoshopped, and distorted.
- I am beautiful.
- I am more than my body.
- My body can do awesome things.
- My body is a gift. I treat it with love and respect.
- I listen with love to my body’s messages.
- My happy thoughts help create my healthy body.
- I love myself and the body that carries me.
- The well-being of my mind and body is the most important thing to me.
- My body is strong, beautiful and capable.
- I am surrounded by love.
- I eat for energy and nourishment.
- Thighs, imperfections and all, thank you for working to carry me to where I want to go.
- Belly, imperfections and all, thank you for keeping me nourished.
- Skin, imperfections and all, thank you for protecting me.
- Food is nourishment and fuel that I deserve.
- I love my body and I love myself.
- I am perfect and complete just the way I am.
- I feed my body healthy nourishing food because it deserves to be taken care of.
- Taking care of myself feels good.
Mantras offer Similar benefits to Affirmations – why not check them out Below?
We’ve reached the end of our self love affirmation quotes, so why not check out our 118 mantras to ease anxiety?