Struggling to express yourself and speak your truth? Feeling anxious, depressed, or experiencing low self-esteem? Seeking more authenticity and honesty, better communication, the confidence to be creative? These may be signs that your fifth energy center could use some cuddling – and Throat Chakra Affirmations might just speak to your soul!
Affirmations are positive statements – declarations that compliment who you are or confirm who you wish to be – that can help you challenge and overcome negative thoughts, encourage yourself, boost self-esteem, relieve anxiety, increase self-love, and expand upon the tangible as well as the mystical properties of the chakras.
How? They stimulate the areas in your brain that make you more likely to effect positive change in regard to yourself and your health.
Repeating affirmations can help you harness the power of your emotions and put them to positive use. They are powerful tools for cleansing, balancing, and manifesting. Truly believing what you’re affirming is crucial to invoking the ancient magic of affirmations – which science now supports – in daily life.
To deep dive into what affirmations are, how and why they work, and where they fit into the chakra system – check this out!
In this article, we’ll unpack:
- The Throat Chaka
- Indications of a balanced Throat Chakra
- Throat Chakra blockages and symptoms
- When and how to rock Throat Chakra affirmations
- Affirmations for the Throat Chakra
What Is The Throat Chakra?
Vishuddhi or Vishuddha – the Sanskrit name for the Throat Chakra – translates to:
“Place of purification”
Vishuddi is the fifth energy center in the body. The Throat Chakra is associated with the color blue and the Ether element.
The fifth Chakra is your center of communication, creative expression, and originality, and allows you to speak and be heard genuinely – by yourself and others. Located in your throat, along the cervical spine, Vishuddhi governs your authentic voice and the confidence to express all aspects of yourself.
The Throat Chakra is the first of the upper Chakras system. In addition to speech, your sense of hearing is impacted here.
All of the Chakras are linked, so a balanced or blocked Throat Chakra affects the health of the other chakras too. Why? Energy needs to circulate through the body in order for us to be healthy – physically, emotionally, energetically, and spiritually. When the Chakras are aligned it flows, when they’re blocked it’s stagnant.
Indications Of A Balanced Throat Chakra
When the Throat Chakra is open we listen, speak, and express ourselves openly and authentically. Alignment within Vishuddhi elevates our capacity to communicate, with others and ourselves, and be:
- Able to speak the truth and understand your life purpose
- Efficiently and intelligently communicative with others
- Creative in an array of ways
Someone with a balanced Vishuddhi feels confident, creative and able to converse. They are excited about life and express themselves well. They’re likely social, dynamic and up for deep conversations, or they exude wisdom in their silence.
Throat Chakra Blockages
Key responsibilities of the Throat Chakra are communication and the ability to listen, which cultivates the ability to recognize and trust our intuition. The capacity to decipher the inner voice, speak, and be heard is empowered or prevented here.
Symptoms of a Blocked Throat Chakra
The Chakras spin and attract energy that is on the same frequency, and in turn sends it back out – like attracts like. The more positive energy a Chakra consumes, the more positive energy it releases and the more positivity it magnetizes back. However, the same goes for negativity.
Presence and awareness are crucial when it comes to unblocking, attracting and manifesting.
As with the other energy centers, the two main reasons your Throat Chakra may not function properly are due to an overactive or underactive flow of energy (prana). When Vishuddi is out of balance, we may struggle to listen to others, ignore our inner voice, feel afraid of expressing ourselves, or experience other destructive emotions such as:
- Mental – stammering or a loss for words, habitual lying, arrogance, struggling to listen to others, lack of control over speech (no filter), criticizing others
- Emotional – feelings of fear and doubt regarding the intentions of others, gossiping, negativity in speech, losing sight of your life’s purpose, fear of speaking up
- Physical – sore throat, stiff neck, tight jaws, headaches
Throat Chakra Affirmations Can Help
There are affirmations to help elevate our ability to communicate with ourselves and others, as well as stability of wellness including physical, mental, and emotional health and spirituality.
How To Choose An Affirmation
Simply choose an existing affirmation that resonates with you in the moment – reading it feels like a cuddle or elicits an emotional response or inspiration. Or create one for yourself – this may come to you intuitively, or you might be inspired by ours.
The affirmations here are only suggestions. Please feel free to add affirmations for the Throat Chakra that feel empowering, leave behind those that do not, or come up with your own!
How To Practice Throat Chakra Affirmations
Everyones’ style varies – according to body type, time available, emotional and energetic needs, state of mind, time of the month, etc – and it’s likely that your choices will evolve through the short and long seasons of life pending how you’re feeling and what you’re seeking.
Here are some loose guidelines and tips to get started. Feel free to experiment and sculpt accordingly to suit your needs!
- To practice Throat Chakra meditation, find a sweet spot – many prefer a quiet place.
- Get comfortable, as you would for meditation – seated or lying down, with the spine as straight as possible.
- Focus on the heart space, the chest – the location of the Throat Chakra. You might wiggle or roll a little (seated cat-cows or gentle back bending in the upper back) to help hone in on Vishuddi. See if you can find and feel a sense of spaciousness.
- Breathe. Consider trying sama vritti – often called equal or coherent breathing – where the length of the exhalation matches the length of the inhalation. No prescribed count, your own pace, rolling circularly from inhale to exhale and back again.
- Read your chosen affirmation over and over, committing it to memory if possible. Perhaps eventually softening your gaze or closing your eyes, if that feels safe, as you continue to say it aloud or silently.
- As you repeat the affirmation, visualize the blue color of the Throat Chakra and imagine it flowing into your energy center. This may appear as an expansion of the color from the center through your body into the space around you, or an increase in vibrancy or saturation, with your inhalation, followed by the color shrinking back to a small point or soft glow with the contraction of your exhalation. Here, strive to feel infinite spaciousness and a sensation of coolness emanating from your Throat.
- Truly, deeply engage – immerse in the feeling of the words of the Throat Chakra affirmation.
- Tip – if you need a little extra to amp your concentration, try chanting the seed mantra for the Throat Chakra: HAM.
Throat Chakra Affirmations
Throat Chakra affirmations can help heal and activate the energy center that snuggle your soul and amplifies your ability to communicate. By powering your intentions through affirmations, this Chakra can be balanced and allow more alignment in life – inside and out.
Practice these Throat Chakra affirmations to elevate your communicative powers and improve your compassion, empathy, and understanding. The ability to open up, accept what is and be excited about life can be positively, profoundly affected by working with Throat Chakra affirmations.
5 Basic Throat Chakra Affirmations
- I am aligned with my truth.
- Honesty will set me free.
- I express myself clearly.
- My creative energy flows abundantly.
- I communicate the power to create my own reality.
32 Throat Chakra Affirmations for Truth
- I know my truth and speak it freely.
- I am safe and trust others to allow me to express myself truthfully.
- Speaking my truth is my right.
- I live in my truth, I communicate my truth, I am the truth.
- My integrity grows each time I speak my truth.
- My truth is love.
- I listen to my body and my feelings to understand what my truth is.
- I am the authority in my world.
- Being honest will free me from my current situation.
- I am well aware of my own truth and I live in it.
- I live my life with integrity and authenticity.
- I speak my truth freely.
- I am genuine and honest with my words.
- I listen when others share their truth.
- I allow my highest truth to come forward.
- I speak my mind truthfully with no boundaries.
- My words are aligned with my truth.
- My voice is confident and truthful.
- My voice is important in this world.
- I am in alignment with my truth.
- I am open clear and honest in my communication.
- I speak my truth clearly.
- I hear and speak the truth.
- I speak my true thoughts with ease.
- I develop my integrity each time I tell the truth.
- I express my truth creatively.
- I am able to speak my truth with ease.
- My honesty attracts what I deserve.
- I always speak the truth.
- I love to communicate with the universe.
- I live in my reality, and I communicate my truth, I am the truth.
- I speak the truth.
55 Throat Chakra Affirmations for Creativity and Self-Expression
- I will be as creative as possible in expressing my truth.
- I love to use my voice and express myself.
- I am filled with creative energy.
- I creatively express my highest potential.
- I express myself clearly in front of the people who matter to me.
- I clearly intend to express myself.
- I am confident in expressing my thoughts and ideas.
- I create speech that reflects my loving thoughts.
- Infinite creative energy is always flowing through me.
- I am more creative at work.
- I express myself well.
- My creativity is my superpower.
- I am grateful for life and constantly express it.
- I establish my identity by speaking it into existence.
- I love and use a clear voice to express myself.
- I nourish my spirit through creativity.
- My capacity for joy, healing, and happiness is unlimited.
- I can achieve anything.
- I am exactly where I need to be in my creative journey.
- I express my feeling without any confusion.
- I speak my ideas with enthusiasm.
- I am expressive and confident.
- I am naturally and effortlessly being myself in every situation.
- Positive thinking ignites my creative flow.
- I am accepting my originality and expressing my voice freely.
- I love to share my experiences and tell my truth.
- Others hear my voice.
- I express myself with confidence.
- I am expressing myself with clear intent.
- I express myself authentically.
- My self-expression is positive.
- Being creative nourishes my soul and spirit.
- Creativity flows in and through me.
- I am expressing the best of who I am.
- Creativity is my birthright.
- Creativity flows within me.
- The creative energy I hold space for is unstoppable.
- I am comfortable with my creative thoughts and feelings.
- I am full of creative ideas.
- I express myself with grace and integrity.
- I am open to nourishing my creative mind.
- I confidently communicate my creative work.
- I am able to articulate my own creative ideas easily.
- My high vibrational creative energy is infused into others.
- My thoughts are positive, and I always express myself truthfully and clearly.
- I flow freely with creative acceptance and freedom.
- I express myself with confidence and clarity.
- I have a positive influence.
- I am safe and trust others to allow me to express myself truthfully.
- My voice is confident.
- I express myself freely.
- It is now and always safe for me to express how I feel.
- Every time I speak, I am expressing love.
- I express my gratitude daily about life.
- Art and communication, spoken or written, are the ways I express my creativity.
103 Throat Chakra Affirmations for Healing
- My throat chakra is now healed.
- I trust my inner being.
- My spirit thrives in peace and silence.
- I set healthy boundaries.
- I will dare to open up to a life full of infinite possibilities.
- I am emotionally resilient.
- I am worthy.
- I speak of positivity and love.
- I remain grounded when facing uncertainty.
- I get clear guidance from my higher self.
- I will learn to trust myself and to honor my inner voice.
- I will help my Throat Chakra to heal itself.
- I am an essential voice in the world, and my voice is heard.
- I trust others.
- I claim and honor my true voice.
- I am now opening my throat chakra.
- My throat chakra is completely balanced.
- I am innately deserving of love.
- I now feel my throat chakra opening and healing.
- My mind has become extremely sharp.
- I stand up for myself.
- I free myself by becoming more honest.
- I alone am accountable for expressing myself clearly.
- I build myself up with my words.
- I trust my ability.
- What I do, I do with full conviction and dedication.
- I develop will each time I meet a life challenge.
- My throat chakra functions properly and puts me in balance.
- I am healing my throat chakra.
- I will heal my throat chakra.
- I go through challenges thrown at me with resolve and strong will.
- I take good care of my physical body.
- I am able to trust my inner voice.
- My power of focus and concentration is constantly improving.
- I am in the process of releasing the trauma within my throat chakra.
- My family appreciates my thinking.
- As I become more in tune with my inner wisdom, I know that all is well in my world.
- I can feel that my immune system improving.
- I focus on the radiant blue light that radiates from my throat.
- I give and receive love from others.
- I do not speak with anger because I hurt myself when I speak negatively.
- My strong will helps me to accept challenges.
- I always take care of my body, and the body is the host of my soul.
- I am responsible for my deeds.
- I avoid people who gossip and criticize.
- I am becoming more focused on opening, balancing and healing my throat chakra.
- I am peaceful.
- I trust my powerful inner voice.
- I am honest.
- I speak only when I have a loving intention.
- I listen to my feelings.
- I listen to truth.
- I listen to myself and trust my inner voice.
- I am helping my throat chakra to get in balance.
- I establish healthy boundaries at work and home.
- I am calm and relaxed.
- I am strong.
- I am confident.
- I have a sharp mind.
- I respect my feelings.
- I am assertive.
- I set clear boundaries.
- I am improving my relationships.
- I am grounded.
- I am clear and open in communication.
- My willpower is aligned with my spiritual purpose in life.
- I am not scared to speak my mind.
- I use my voice to bring light into the world.
- I have everything that I need.
- I will work on enhancing my power to communicate clearly and easily.
- I am honest and authentic in my speech and actions.
- I vocalize my feelings.
- I communicate with others confidently.
- I have an important voice in the world.
- I hear and speak the truth freely and openly.
- I appreciate my reality.
- It is safe to express my needs.
- My thoughts are motivating and positive.
- I speak about things important to me.
- My throat chakra is now open.
- My mental and bodily feelings are always speaking the truth.
- I do not engage in gossip and criticism.
- My opinion makes a difference.
- I am the pure eternal consciousness and bliss.
- I have a right to speak my truth.
- I live an authentic life and I have integrity.
- I have access to my higher self for guidance and support.
- I release doubt over what I say or didn’t say.
- I can vocalize my emotions, no matter what they are.
- I am releasing the trauma within my throat chakra and I am allowing it to heal.
- I am comfortable in silence.
- I am free to share my wisdom.
- I will speak up whenever needed.
- I am open to receiving messages from my angels.
- I am able to clearly state my needs.
- I am honest about who I am.
- I love every shape and form I come in.
- I am confident about myself.
- I will stay tuned into the needs of my throat chakra.
- I have every reason to be proud of myself.
- I honor my needs.
- I trust myself and my intuition.
- I trust the whisper of angels’ voices as I sit in silence.
72 Throat Chakra Affirmations for Communication
- I find it easy to communicate how I feel.
- I communicate my feelings with ease.
- I love my integrity.
- I am confident enough to say no.
- I love to impart wisdom.
- I speak my truth.
- I choose my words with care and love.
- I am able to communicate my thoughts with clarity and ease.
- I communicate the power to create my own reality.
- I express my love and goodness each time I speak.
- My words are gentle.
- When I speak, my contributions are honest and balanced.
- I love to express my views.
- I am an important voice in the world and my voice is heard.
- I know when it is time to listen.
- I empower others with my high vibrational feelings.
- I am an active listener.
- I express my gratitude towards life.
- I speak my truth freely and openly.
- My words are always positive.
- My intent is always clear and noble when I speak.
- I honor my true voice, and I let it speak.
- I only speak with good intentions.
- There’s great clarity in my communications.
- I will freely communicate my truth to myself and to others.
- My integrity is my word, and my word is my truth.
- I love to speak.
- I tell people to give me space when I need it.
- Let go of doubt about the word I ‘should’ have said.
- I express myself truthfully and lovingly.
- Communicating is vital to my well-being.
- I do not interrupt others while they speak.
- I am an empathetic listener and a clear communicator.
- My voice is clear and powerful.
- I speak with clarity.
- I can find the right words in all situations.
- I know when it is time to stay let people speak their truth and listen to them.
- I say what I want when I want.
- I always speak my mind.
- I am a compassionate listener.
- My thoughts are clear.
- I am balanced in speaking and listening.
- I speak clearly and softly.
- I know when to speak up and when to remain quiet.
- My words echo softly within the universe.
- I realize the power of my voice, the power of my words.
- My voice is heard.
- I always communicate honestly in an open and clear way.
- I am a good receiver.
- My communication comes directly from my deep center.
- I communicate with those who open their hearts to me.
- I am pure awareness.
- I express myself creatively through speech, writing, or art.
- I listen to the truth of others; I share my truth honestly.
- I respect life and appreciate its blessings.
- I am brave.
- I communicate with ease and clarity.
- I listen to others and I recognize their needs.
- I speak a positive message.
- I love to share my experiences and wisdom. I know when it is time to listen.
- I speak with love.
- I think before giving any opinion.
- I am always understood by others.
- My voice influences life positively.
- I speak with kindness.
- I speak directly without hesitation.
- I always share my experiences so I can share my wisdom.
- I feel compassion toward others.
- I have positive beliefs and thoughts.
- I am always able to find the right words.
- I speak my truth beautifully and with confidence.
- I let my intuition guide my words.
Choose affirmations that feel meaningful for you, and repeat them regularly. Continue to work with your chosen affirmation(s) until you intuitively feel ready for a new one.
Consistency is key, so choose a few (no more than three) affirmations to use daily. You can either set aside a specific time to meditate with your affirmation(s), or you can repeat them silently in your mind as you go about your day.
Really tune into the words you’re saying, and trust that you will feel the energy they carry as you become who you wish to be. When used regularly, Throat Chakra affirmations are potent mantras – medicine for communication, confidence, contribution, understanding and empathy – internal and external.