Feeling lonely, fearful or co-dependent? Seeking more nourishment in relationships with yourself and others? These may be signs that your fourth energy center could use some cuddling – and Heart Chakra Affirmations might just sooth your soul!
Affirmations are positive statements – declarations that compliment who you are or confirm who you wish to be – that can help you challenge and overcome negative thoughts, encourage yourself, boost self-esteem, relieve anxiety, increase self-love, and expand upon the tangible as well as the mystical properties of the chakras.
How? They stimulate the areas in your brain that make you more likely to effect positive change in regard to yourself and your health.
Repeating affirmations can help you harness the power of your emotions and put them to positive use. Truly believing what you’re affirming is crucial to invoking the ancient magic of affirmations – which science now supports – in daily life.
To deep dive into what affirmations are, how and why they work, and where they fit into the chakra system – check this out!
In this article, we’ll unpack:
- The Heart Chakra
- Indications of a balanced Heart Chakra
- Heart Chakra blockages and symptoms
- When and how to rock Heart Chakra affirmations
- Affirmations for the Heart Chakra
What Is The Heart Chakra?
Anahata – the Sanskrit name for the Heart Chakra – translates to:
“Unstruck” or “unbeaten”
Anahata is the fourth energy center in the body. The Heart Chakra is associated with the color green – sometimes soft pink – and the Air element.
Well-being, compassion, and unconditional love reside here. Located in your chest, above the sternum, at the center of the cardiac plexus, its energy infuses love and compassion – the opposite of fear – into every bit of our being and beyond.The Heart Chakra connects the lower Chakras to the upper. It is the center of the Chakra system, the seat of the Soul.
All of the chakras are linked, so a balanced or blocked Heart Chakra affects the health of the other chakras too. Why? Energy needs to circulate through the body in order for us to be healthy – physically, emotionally, energetically, and spiritually. When the chakras are aligned it flows, when they’re blocked it’s stagnant.
Indications Of A Balanced Heart Chakra
When the Heart Chakra is open we feel a sense of balance, serenity, acceptance, and love. We aren’t afraid to forgive, share and accept ourselves and others as we are. Alignment within Anahata elevates our capacity to give and accept love, from others and ourselves, and be:
- Loving of self and others
- Peaceful, internally and externally
- Strong in our immune system
Someone with a balanced Anahata feels happy, confident, and able to achieve. They are excited about life and love and have a sense of purpose. They’re likely warm in character, welcoming and fun-loving.
Heart Chakra Blockages
Key responsibilities of the Heart Chakra are compassion and lovingness, which cultivates the ability to love and be loved, by ourselves and others. Kindness and the capacity to understand and forgive are also empowered or prevented here.
Symptoms of a Blocked Heart Chakra
The Chakras spin and attract energy that is on the same frequency, and in turn, send it back out – like attracts like. The more positive energy a chakra consumes, the more positive energy it releases and the more positivity it magnetizes back. However, the same goes for negativity.
Presence and awareness are crucial when it comes to unblocking, attracting, and manifesting.
As with the other energy centers, the two main reasons your Heart Chakra may not function properly are due to an overactive or underactive flow of energy (prana). When Anahata is blocked, we may experience anger, fear, grief, jealousy, and other destructive emotions such as:
- Mental – dependency, manipulative behavior, grudge-holding, victim/rescuer mentality
- Emotional – unworthiness, inability to trust ourselves or others, self-isolation, loneliness, jealousy, fear of intimacy, defensiveness
- Physical – heart and lung issues, weak immune system, poor circulation, high or low blood pressure, respiratory difficulties
Heart Chakra Affirmations Can Help
There are affirmations to help elevate self-love, increase trust in others, cultivate independence and excitement toward life as well as stability of wellness including physical, mental, and emotional health and spirituality.
How To Choose An Affirmation
Simply choose an existing affirmation that resonates with you in the moment – reading it feels like a cuddle or elicits an emotional response or inspiration. Or create one for yourself – this may come to you intuitively, or you might be inspired by ours.
The affirmations here are only suggestions. Please feel free to add affirmations for the Heart Chakra that feel empowering, leave behind those that do not, or come up with your own!
How To Practice Heart Chakra Affirmations
Everyones’ style varies – according to body type, time available, emotional and energetic needs, state of mind, time of the month, etc – and it’s likely that your choices will evolve through the short and long seasons of life pending how you’re feeling and what you’re seeking.
Here are some loose guidelines and tips to get started. Feel free to experiment and sculpt accordingly to suit your needs!
- To practice Heart Chakra meditation, find a sweet spot – many prefer a quiet place.
- Get comfortable, like you would for meditation – seated or lying down, with the spine as straight as possible.
- Focus on the heart space, the chest – the location of the Heart Chakra. You might wiggle or roll a little (seated cat-cows or gentle back bending in the upper back) to help hone in on Anahata. See if you can find and feel a sense of spaciousness.
- Breathe. Consider trying sama vritti – often called equal or coherent breathing – where the length of the exhalation matches the length of the inhalation. No prescribed count, your own pace, rolling circularly from inhale to exhale and back again.
- Read your chosen affirmation over and over, committing it to memory if possible. Perhaps eventually softening your gaze or closing your eyes, if that feels safe, as you continue to say it aloud or silently.
- As you repeat the affirmation, visualize the emerald green color – or soft pink, which some prefer) of the Heart Chakra and imagine it flowing into your energy center. This may appear as an expansion of the color from the center through your body into the space around you, or an increase in vibrancy or saturation, with your inhalation, followed by the color shrinking back to a small point or soft glow with the contraction of your exhalation. Here, strive to feel spaciousness – a sensation of lightness emanating from your Heart.
- Truly, deeply engage – immerse in the feeling of the words of the Heart Chakra affirmation.
- Tip – if you need a little extra to amp your concentration, try chanting the seed mantra for the Heart Chakra: YAM.
Heart Chakra Affirmations
Heart Chakra affirmations can help heal and activate the energy center that snuggles your soul and amplifies your ability to love. By powering your intentions through affirmations, this chakra can be balanced and allow more alignment in life – inside and out.
Practice these Heart Chakra affirmations to elevate your energy, light up your love life, and improve your compassion, empathy, and understanding. The ability to open up and be excited about life can be positively, profoundly affected by working with Heart Chakra affirmations.
8 Basic Heart Chakra Affirmations
- I am open to give and receive love.
- I love and accept myself.
- I forgive myself and others.
- I am fully open to love.
- My heart is full of love.
- I am spacious.
- I am the air.
- I live my life in alignment with my heart.
85 Heart Chakra Affirmations for Love
- I am open to receive the loving energy of the universe.
- I am fully open to receiving love.
- I have access to an infinite supply of love
- I am vibrating positive, loving energy, and I attract this same energy in return.
- I am the source of infinite unconditional love and bliss.
- I am worthy of authentic, wholehearted, unconditional love.
- I am always deserving of love.
- I am free to love and be loved.
- The love and understanding that I give come back to me many times over.
- I am a radiant soul with a glowing heart full of love.
- I love and accept myself for exactly the person I am right now.
- I am eternally loved.
- My heart chakra is empowered by love.
- I am fully open to giving and receiving love.
- I am open to love.
- I give love, and love comes back to me.
- The radiant green light of pure love ignites in my heart.
- My heart is full of love.
- I allow myself to accept and receive love from myself and others.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- Love is my guiding truth in life, and I give and receive love effortlessly and unconditionally.
- I am a beacon of love and compassion.
- I give and receive love unconditionally.
- I am aligned with the highest frequency of love.
- Love heals me and opens me.
- I experience love from everyone I meet.
- I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
- I am worthy of being loved.
- I will give my love freely and accept it openly.
- I choose to see the love and divinity within all forms of life.
- I lovingly nurture my mind, body, and spirit.
- I am resistant to the thoughts that stop me from loving.
- I choose love every single day.
- I am a being of love and compassion.
- My heart is open, loving, and pure.
- My heart is healing; my needs fulfilled.
- Love is abundant in my world.
- I am loved, loving, and lovable.
- I lead with love.
- I am loving to others and to myself.
- My heart is filled with love.
- I am peaceful.
- I live in balance, in a state of gracefulness and gratitude.
- Joy is my reason for living.
- I allow my heart to lead the way.
- My heart is grateful and my mind is at peace.
- I am receptive and open to receiving love.
- I feel warm inside.
- My heart chakra is now open.
- It is love that opens my eyes to my potential.
- I am open to give and receive love.
- I have enough love to fill the entire world.
- I am loved, and loving divine provides all I need.
- I am open to love and kindness.
- I allow my heart chakra to expand and glow with unconditional love.
- Love is my guiding truth and I follow it.
- My heart chakra is balanced and giving and receiving love.
- I accept myself and others as we are.
- I love nature and fresh air.
- My heart is open to receiving love.
- I am driven by love.
- Love and compassion are my superpowers, and they will carry me as far as I want to go.
- I will stay tuned into the needs of my heart chakra.
- I deserve love, happiness, and prosperity in all areas of my life.
- I am worthy and deserving of love.
- I direct love and light towards myself.
- My heart space radiates powerful green light.
- I choose to be love.
- Unconditional love sets me free.
- I am loved because I was born.
- I am limitless in my capacity to give and receive love.
- I nurture my inner child with love and support.
- I radiate love from my chest.
- I choose joy, compassion, and love.
- I honor the guiding of my heart.
- My heart is open.
- I allow the abundance of the universe to pour into my heart.
- I choose today to receive the higher energies of Love to heal and strengthen me.
- I am worthy of the purest love.
- Love is my guiding truth.
- I am filled with love from others.
- I honor my heart. I honor my loving energy.
- I honor who I am.
- I recognize the wisdom of my heart.
21 Heart Chakra Affirmations for Acceptance and Independence
- I accept things as they are.
- I choose the peace that surpasses all understanding.
- I receive when I am in need.
- I am trustworthy.
- I am pure and innocent.
- I am independent.
- I have the strength to follow my heart.
- I fully love and embrace who I am, even as I continue to grow.
- I am open to the deep reservoir of love in my heart.
- I am confident.
- I am a warm and inviting person.
- I choose to be kind to myself and love myself unconditionally.
- I am becoming more and more connected to everything in the universe with each passing day.
- I am grateful for all the love in my life.
- I am able to live in love.
- I am eternally loved by the universe.
- I glow with love, joy, and compassion.
- I am deeply compassionate and allow myself the grace of imperfection.
- I am grateful for my accepting heart.
- I totally love and accept myself.
65 Heart Chakra Affirmations for Connection and Compassion
- I cultivate deep courage and compassion within my body, mind, and spirit.
- I choose connection over division.
- I am open with my feelings in all my relationships.
- I forgive myself, I forgive others.
- I am deeply connected to the energy of my heart.
- I am feeling deeply connected with others.
- I only attract loving and supportive relationships.
- I am creating loving and balanced relationships that are good for me.
- I choose compassion over judgment.
- I am forming unbreakable connections.
- I feel a sense of unity with all beings.
- I live in balance with others.
- I delight in sharing my joy.
- I sense that everything is interconnected.
- My loving relationships with others are allowing me to grow and develop to my fullest potential.
- I give myself the gift of unconditional love, compassion, and peace.
- I live in harmony with all other beings.
- I empathize with strangers.
- I treat others with kindness.
- I look for love and joy in myself and I see it in all things.
- People feel loved and accepted unconditionally by me, as I feel loved and accepted unconditionally by them.
- Every day, I love myself a little more.
- I invite peace into my heart.
- I willingly release all fears, concerns, and worries about giving and receiving love.
- I have grown and expanded in positive ways every day.
- I trust myself and others.
- I love all beings unconditionally.
- I feel compassion and empathy for the pain and struggle of others.
- I feel others but do not attach to their lives.
- I am a being of empathy.
- I am creating love and supporting relationships.
- I feel empathy for others.
- I welcome unconditional love into my life.
- I am connected with other human beings.
- It is safe to give and receive love.
- I give and receive love effortlessly and unconditionally.
- I feel connected to the world.
- I create a safe and supportive environment for myself and people in my life.
- Sharing my joy makes me feel it even more.
- I am united with all beings.
- I form deep connections with ease.
- I am thoughtful, compassionate, and committed to the unfolding of others.
- I am kind to myself and others.
- I am open to love, and receive more of it every day.
- I am open to healthy and nurturing relationships.
- It is safe for me to be in a loving relationship.
- I have unconditional compassion for myself.
- I choose to see myself and others in a compassionate light.
- There is an infinite supply of love.
- I choose to love myself as deeply as I love others.
- I take responsibility to create healthy connections.
- I do not allow people to upset or trigger me emotionally.
- I am filled with loving passion and compassion for others.
- I give to those who are in need.
- I accept others as they are.
- I show compassion for myself always.
- I am easily able to give love freely and accept it openly.
- I live in the present.
- I create loving and supportive relationships.
- I give love and receive love in equal measure.
- I love others unconditionally.
- I am supportive of others.
- I chose to be united with all beings, visible and invisible, in the realm of love and light.
22 Heart Chakra Affirmations for Happiness
- My heart is filled with joy and gratitude.
- I have unlimited potential.
- I am patient, peaceful, and calm.
- I choose joy.
- I welcome feelings of acceptance and balance.
- I open my eyes to the beauty all around me.
- I am worthy of praise, adoration, and unconditional love.
- I celebrate the feelings of love, trust, joy and compassion.
- Every cell in my body is vibrating at the frequency of love.
- I am kind, generous, and compassionate.
- I am now opening my heart chakra.
- I feel unconditional love in every single cell of my body.
- I am filled with compassion.
- My feelings are safe.
- I listen to my heart above all else.
- I fully love the strong, powerful, divine human staring back at me in the mirror.
- I am a loving and powerful force in the world.
- I am focusing on this intense green light that radiates from my heart.
- I am independent.
- Everything I do, I do with love.
- I am able to love unconditionally.
- I radiate pure love, light, and positivity.
53 Heart Chakra Affirmations for Forgiveness and Healing
- I am willing to release all my fears.
- My heart chakra is now healed.
- I am at peace with my past and I am in love with my present.
- I allow any blocks around my heart to dissolve.
- I am in the process of forgiving myself and those who hurt me.
- I am healing my heart chakra.
- I have the willingness and ability to forgive, let go.
- I forgive myself for the mistakes I’ve made.
- It is safe to open up my heart.
- I release grudges I hold for others.
- I release feelings of anger.
- I release and let go of all resentment.
- I let go of all resentments.
- I forgive instantly, completely, and unconditionally.
- I am in complete control of my emotions.
- My heart chakra is completely balanced.
- Everyday I am becoming more and more focused on opening, balancing and healing my heart chakra.
- My emotions are balanced and in harmony with my energy.
- I am quiet and listen to my heart’s song.
- I inhale purifying light and I exhale fear.
- Gratitude sets me free.
I will heal my heart chakra.
- I am free of expectations.
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
- I am grateful for all challenges that helped me to transform and open up to love.
- I embrace silence and know deep inner peace.
- I am grateful for all of my blessings.
- I am worthy of love.
- I live with gratitude and generosity.
- I am living in balance, with grace and ease.
- My heart is free from past hurt.
- I forgive those who were unkind to me.
- I release the need for control and trust my intuition.
- I embrace my gifts and my imperfections equally; I love every part of me fully and unconditionally.
- I completely love, accept, and forgive myself.
- I forgive myself for my mistakes and I grow from them.
- I will release all the past hurt.
- I am releasing the trauma within my heart chakra and I am allowing it to heal.
- When I’m unsure where to go next, I follow the path that feels most like love.
- I forgive and forget with ease.
- I am transforming into someone who easily gives and receives love.
- I nurture my inner child. I am wanted and loved.
- I am in the process of releasing the trauma within my heart chakra.
- I am at peace in my own skin.
- I inhale love for myself; I exhale self-criticism and self-doubt.
- All love resides within my heart.
- I am helping my heart chakra to get in balance.
- I do not engage in unhealthy behaviors.
- I now feel my heart chakra opening and healing.
- I deserve love because I AM.
- I release my feelings of hatred, resentment, and revenge.
- I am able to forgive naturally and easily.
Choose affirmations that feel meaningful for you, and repeat them regularly. Continue to work with your chosen affirmation(s) until you intuitively feel ready for a new one.
Consistency is key, so choose a few (no more than three) affirmations to use daily. You can either set aside a specific time to meditate with your affirmation(s), or you can repeat them silently in your mind as you go about your day.
Really tune into the words you’re saying, and trust that you will feel the energy they carry as you become who you wish to be. When used regularly, Heart Chakra affirmations are potent mantras – medicine for self-compassion, love, understanding, and empathy – internal and external.