Feeling out of balance emotionally, creatively or sexually? Seeking inspiration and confidence – physically, mentally or spiritually? These may be signs that your second energy centre could use some attention – and Sacral Chakra Affirmations might be just what the doctor ordered!
Affirmations are positive statements that can help you challenge and overcome negative thoughts, encourage yourself, boost self-esteem, relieve anxiety, increase self-love, and expand upon the tangible as well as the mystical properties of the chakras.
How? They stimulate the areas in your brain that make you more likely to effect positive change in regard to yourself and your health.
Repeating affirmations can help you harness the power of your emotions and put them to positive use. Truly believing what you’re affirming is crucial to invoking the ancient magic of affirmations – which science now supports – in daily life.
To deep dive into what affirmations are, how and why they work, and where they fit into the chakra system – check this out!
In this article, we’ll unpack:
- The Sacral Chaka
- Indications of a balanced Sacral Chakra
- Sacral Chakra blockages and symptoms
- When and how to rock Sacral Chakra affirmations
- Affirmations for the Sacral Chakra
What is the Sacral Chakra?
Svadhishthana – the Sanskrit name for the Sacral Chakra – translates to:
- Sva – “Self”
- Adhishthana – “dwelling place” or “rule”
Svadhishthana is the second energy center in the body. It is home to your creativity, passion, joy, and energy. Located just below the navel, the Sacral Chakra is associated with the color orange and the Water element.
All of the chakras are connected, so a balanced or blocked Sacral Chakra affects the health of the other chakras too. Why? Energy needs to circulate through the body in order for us to be healthy – physically, emotionally, energetically and spiritually. When the chakras are aligned it flows, when they’re blocked it’s stagnant.
Indications of a Balanced Sacral Chakra
When the Sacral Chakra is balanced we’re able to trust our intuition and experience a healthy sense of separateness from others. A balanced Sacral Chakra empowers our spirit of Self and we feel:
- Passionate – in everything we do
- Optimistic – about life overall
- Creative – artistically, emotionally, every way
- Generous – with ourselves and others
- Confident – in all ways, including in sexuality
Someone with a balanced Svadhishthana feels sympathetic, free, flexible, and forgiving. Their body is likely healthy and their relationships with others are strong. They take things lightly, experience pleasure and joy, and life seems easier and enjoyable.
Sacral Chakra Blockages
Key attributes of the Sacral Chakra include flexibility and adaptability, which cultivates the ability to accept change, move on and transform. Sensuality, sexuality, and self-expression are also empowered or prevented here.
Symptoms of a Blocked Sacral Chakra
The Chakras spin and attract energy that is on the same frequency, and in turn, sends it back out – like attracts like. The more positive energy a chakra consumes, the more positive energy it releases and the more positivity it magnetizes back. However, the same goes for negativity.
Presence and awareness are crucial when it comes to unblocking, attracting, and manifesting.
As with the other energy centers, the two main reasons your Sacral Chakra may not function properly are due to an overactive or underactive flow of energy (prana) which may cause the following indications of imbalance:
- Mental – anxiety, indecisiveness, detachment, isolation, detrimental daydreaming, lacking creativity.
- Emotional – extreme dependence on others, excessive bossiness, and desire for control, loss of confidence, low libido, fear of being intimate, unable to enjoy pleasure.
- Physical – addiction, over or under-eating, lower back pain, genital issues, digestive problems.
Sacral Chakra Affirmations can Help
There are affirmations to help elevate creativity, increase desire for and trust in intimacy, cultivate fluidity in life, and stability of wellness including physical, mental, and emotional health and spirituality.
How to choose an affirmation
Simply choose an existing affirmation that resonates with you in the moment – reading it feels like a cuddle or elicits an emotional response or inspiration. Or create one for yourself – this may come to you intuitively, or you might be inspired by ours.The affirmations here are only suggestions. Please feel free to add affirmations for the Sacral Chakra that feel empowering, leave behind those that do not, or come up with your own!
How to practice Sacral Chakra affirmations
Everyones’ style varies – according to body type, time available, emotional and energetic needs, state of mind, time of month, etc – and it’s likely that your choices will evolve through the short and long seasons of life pending how you’re feeling and what you’re seeking.
Here are some loose guidelines and tips to get started. Feel free to experiment and sculpt accordingly to suit your needs!
- To practice Sacral Chakra meditation, find a sweet spot – many prefer a quiet place.
- Get comfortable, like you would for meditation – seated or lying down, with the spine as straight as possible.
- Focus on the space just below the navel – the location of the Sacral Chakra. You might roll a little (seated cat-cows or belly dancer’esque motion in the lower abdomen) to help hone in on Svadhishthana. See if you can find and feel a sense of fluidity.
- Breathe. Consider trying sama vritti – often called equal or coherent breathing – where the length of the exhalation matches the length of the inhalation. No prescribed count, your own pace, rolling circularly from inhale to exhale and back again.
- Read your chosen affirmation over and over, committing it to memory if possible. Perhaps eventually softening your gaze or closing your eyes, if that feels safe, as you continue to say it aloud or silently.
- As you repeat the affirmation, visualize the translucent orange color of the Sacral Chakra and imagine it flowing into your energy center. This may appear as an expansion of the color from the center through your body into the space around you, or an increase in vibrancy or saturation, with your inhalation, followed by the color shrinking back to a small point or soft glow with the contraction of your exhalation.
- Truly, deeply engage – immerse in the sensation of the feeling of the words of the Sacral Chakra affirmation.
- Tip – if you need a little extra to amp your concentration, try chanting the seed mantra for the Sacral Chakra: VAM.
Sacral Chakra Affirmations
Sacral Chakra affirmations can help heal and activate the energy center that provides your sensuality, flexibility and adaptability, and amplifies your sense of Self. By powering your intentions through affirmations, this chakra can be balanced and allow more alignment in life – internal and external.
Practice these Sacral Chakra affirmations to elevate your energy, accept others, and improve your creativity, optimism, body image, and attitude about sexuality. Self-confidence and openness in relationships can be positively, and profoundly affected by working with Sacral Chakra affirmations.
8 Basic Sacral Chakra Affirmations
- I am creative.
- I am in touch with my feelings.
- I am comfortable in my body.
- It is my right to be joyful and find pleasure.
- It’s safe to express my sexuality.
- I am in flow with life.
- Everyone around me can see the good in me.
- I am aglow with powerful golden orange light healing my sacral chakra.
26 Sacral Chakra Affirmations for Self-Confidence
- All that I seek is within me already.
- I trust in my true purpose.
- I am worthy.
- I honor the power in me.
- I know what I want.
- I love who I am exactly as I am.
- I am creative and passionate.
- I am a lovable person.
- I trust my intuition at all times.
- I am a radiant soul.
- I am passionate about my life.
- I am in touch with my feelings.
- I accept that change is the only constant.
- I accept the natural flow of life.
- I love the person I have become.
- I am radiant, beautiful and strong.
- I am complete just as I am.
- My emotions are in balance.
- I respect and accept myself and others exactly as they are.
- I am vibrant and spontaneous.
- I find peace within myself.
- I feel comfortable with my body.
- I am confident in myself.
- I will care for myself today.
- I love and approve of myself at all times.
- I will not let negative thoughts bring me down.
12 Sacral Chakra Affirmations for Relationships
- I share deep connections with others.
- I allow nurturance and comfort.
- I attract like-minded people who support and love me for who I am.
- I am a creative being and I connect with others without losing myself.
- I deserve to be loved and respected.
- I am open, honest, forgiving, and compassionate.
- My past will not harm my future relationships.
- I am unconditional love.
- Relationships are a joy.
- The more I love, the more love is returned to me.
- I open myself to the infinite sacredness of genuine and loving connections.
- I attract relationships with loving people who support me.
11 Sacral Chakra Affirmations for Past and Future
- I let go of past feelings that no longer serve me.
- I feel joyful about the future I’m creating for myself.
- I am releasing negative thoughts from my mind.
- Endless prosperity flows to and through me.
- I am open to experiencing the present moment through my senses.
- I am flexible, adaptable, and open to change.
- My intuitive senses are awakened.
- Clear, healing energy flows through my cells and organs.
- I nurture the child within me.
- I let go of the past feelings that no longer serve me.
- Every day I experience more joy and satisfaction.
9 Sacral Chakra Affirmations for Boundaries
- People respect me, and I respect others.
- My boundaries are sacred, and I’m allowed to protect them.
- It is safe to express my needs.
- My boundaries are to be respected.
- My intuitive senses are awake.
- Emotion flows freely through me.
- I will respect other people’s boundaries.
- I expand my boundaries every day.
- I do not allow my boundaries to be violated.
10 Sacral Chakra Affirmations for Self-Expression
- It is safe for me to express my emotions.
- I trust my feelings and give them ample room for expression.
- Play is a priority, not an option.
- I give myself permission to explore, create, and play.
- It is safe to express my sexuality.
- I allow life and light to flow through me.
- I am reawakening my deepest passions.
- I connect with my inner joy, ambition and love for myself.
- My emotions and feelings are the language of my soul used to guide me in life.
- Emotions are the language of my soul.
14 Sacral Chakra Affirmations for Creativity
- I am creative.
- I am blessed with unlimited creativity.
- I choose to live a life full of creativity.
- I am allowing my creativity to flow through me freely.
- I am cultivating a beautiful life free of stress, worries, or fear.
- I find new ways to express my creativity.
- I allow my creativity to flow through me freely.
- Goodness, beauty and joy resonate with my soul. I am at one with them.
- It is safe for me to express who I am into the world.
- I will pursue my dreams.
- I am connected to an endless source of innovation, inspiration, and creativity.
- Creating art nourishes my soul and brings me joy.
- I belong to the universal oneness, and I create with love.
- I flow with inspiration and creativity.
16 Sacral Chakra Affirmations for Sensuality and Sexuality
- I am a sensual and emotional being.
- My body is sacred.
- I am comfortable in my body.
- I embrace and celebrate my sexuality.
- I am playful.
- I have no fear of intimacy.
- Sex is a sacred connection.
- It is safe to embrace my sensuality and sexuality.
- My body responds to thoughts of pure love and goodness.
- I honor my body and treat myself respectfully.
- My sexuality is sacred.
- I honor my desires.
- I feel safe enjoying sex.
- I enjoy pleasure in all areas of my life.
- I welcome intimacy with others.
- I am enjoying the pleasure pulsating through my body.
10 Sacral Chakra Affirmations for Abundance and Prosperity
- I receive pleasure and abundance with every breath.
- I feel abundance all the time.
- I embrace pleasure and abundance.
- I am an abundant being.
- I have plenty of time, energy, space and money.
- I know what I desire, and what I desire is mine to receive.
- I trust my inspiration and follow it daily.
- I have more than enough.
- I manifest prosperity.
- I easily manifest my wishes and desires with joy.
Choose affirmations that feel meaningful for you, and repeat them regularly. Continue to work with your chosen affirmation(s) until you intuitively feel ready for a new one.
Consistency is key, so choose a few (no more than three) affirmations to use daily. You can either set aside a specific time to meditate with your affirmation(s), or you can repeat them silently in your mind as you go about your day.
Really tune into the words you’re saying, and trust that you will feel the energy they carry as you become who you wish to be. When used regularly, Sacral Chakra affirmations are potent mantras – medicine for self-confidence, creativity and expression.