Feeling tired, helpless, anxious, out of control, stressed, resentful, having trouble sleeping or approaching burnout? Seeking self-confidence, personal power, and drive? These may be signs that your third energy center could use some attention – and Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations might just light your fire!
Affirmations are positive statements that can help you challenge and overcome negative thoughts, encourage yourself, boost self-esteem, relieve anxiety, increase self-love, and expand upon the tangible as well as the mystical properties of the chakras.
How? They stimulate the areas in your brain that make you more likely to effect positive change in regard to yourself and your health.
Repeating affirmations can help you harness the power of your emotions and put them to positive use. Truly believing what you’re affirming is crucial to invoking the ancient magic of affirmations – which science now supports – in daily life.
To deep dive into what affirmations are, how and why they work, and where they fit into the chakra system – check this out!
In this article, we’ll unpack:
- The Solar Plexus Chaka
- Indications of a balanced Solar Plexus Chakra
- Solar Plexus Chakra blockages and symptoms
- When and how to rock Solar Plexus Chakra affirmations
- Affirmations for the Solar Plexus Chakra
What Is The Solar Plexus Chakra?
Manipura – the Sanskrit name for the Solar Plexus Chakra – translates to:
“City of Jewels”
Manipura is the third energy center in the body. It is the seat of your personal power, strength, willpower, stamina, vitality, ego, and capacity to get stuff done – and deep within this center lies a shining sense of gratitude. Located in your belly, between the navel and the base of the sternum, the Solar Plexus Chakra is associated with the color yellow and the Fire element.
Along with the Root and Sacral Chakras, the first three energy centers are referred to as the lower triangle.
All of the chakras are connected, so a balanced or blocked Solar Plexus Chakra affects the health of the other chakras too. Why? Energy needs to circulate through the body in order for us to be healthy – physically, emotionally, energetically, and spiritually. When the chakras are aligned it flows, when they’re blocked it’s stagnant.
Indications Of A Balanced Solar Plexus Chakra
When the Solar Plexus Chakra is balanced we’re driven and determined, playful and powerful. A balanced Solar Plexus Chakra empowers our sense of Self and we feel:
- Responsible and reliable
- In touch with our sense of humor
- Healthy self-esteem
- Capable of facing challenges and making decisions
- Warm and confident in personality
Someone with a balanced Manipura feels confident, decisive, and able to achieve. They are self-motivated and have a sense of purpose. Chances are they’re at least somewhat, if not immensely, magnetic and make excellent adventure partners.
Solar Plexus Chakra Blockages
Key responsibilities of the Solar Plexus Chakra are self-esteem and confidence, which cultivates the ability to meet challenges, achieve goals and exude warmth. Friendliness and the capacity to inspire and motivate are also empowered or prevented here.
Symptoms of a Blocked Solar Plexus Chakra
The Chakras spin and attract energy that is on the same frequency, and in turn, sends it back out – like attracts like. The more positive energy a chakra consumes, the more positive energy it releases and the more positivity it magnetizes back. However, the same goes for negativity.
Presence and awareness are crucial when it comes to unblocking, attracting, and manifesting.
As with the other energy centers, the two main reasons your Solar Plexus Chakra may not function properly are due to an overactive or underactive flow of energy (prana) which may cause the following indications of imbalance:
- Mental – anxiety, indecisiveness, victim mentality, lack of accountability, desire for stimulants.
- Emotional – low self-esteem, fear of not being good enough, lack of confidence.
- Physical – ailments with the stomach, liver, and colon. Fatigue, eating disorders, digestion and weight issues, diabetes, hypoglycemia.
Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations Can Help
There are affirmations to help elevate self-esteem, increase confidence in one’s abilities, cultivate willpower and digestive flames as well as stability of wellness including physical, mental, and emotional health and spirituality.
How To Choose An Affirmation
Simply choose an existing affirmation that resonates with you in the moment – reading it feels like a cuddle or elicits an emotional response or inspiration. Or create one for yourself – this may come to you intuitively, or you might be inspired by ours.
The affirmations here are only suggestions. Please feel free to add affirmations for the Solar Plexus Chakra that feel empowering, leave behind those that do not, or come up with your own!
How To Practice Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations
Everyones’ style varies – according to body type, time available, emotional and energetic needs, state of mind, time of the month, etc – and it’s likely that your choices will evolve through the short and long seasons of life pending how you’re feeling and what you’re seeking.
Here are some loose guidelines and tips to get started. Feel free to experiment and sculpt accordingly to suit your needs!
- To practice Solar Plexus Chakra meditation, find a sweet spot – many prefer a quiet place.
- Get comfortable, as you would for meditation – seated or lying down, with the spine as straight as possible.
- Focus on the space above the navel, below the heart – the location of the Solar Plexus Chakra. You might wiggle or roll a little (seated cat-cows or hula hoop’y motion in the stomach area) to help hone in on Manipura. See if you can find and feel a sense of heat.
- Breathe. Consider trying sama vritti – often called equal or coherent breathing – where the length of the exhalation matches the length of the inhalation. No prescribed count, your own pace, rolling circularly from inhale to exhale and back again. Or pump the belly in and out whilst breathing (bellow’s breath or breath of fire) – allowing the belly to grow round as you fill with breath and firming it in to help expel air.
- Read your chosen affirmation over and over, committing it to memory if possible. Perhaps eventually softening your gaze or closing your eyes, if that feels safe, as you continue to say it aloud or silently.
- As you repeat the affirmation, visualize the fiery yellow color of the Solar Plexus Chakra and imagine it flowing into your energy center. This may appear as an expansion of the color from the center through your body into the space around you, or an increase in vibrancy or saturation, with your inhalation, followed by the color shrinking back to a small point or soft glow with the contraction of your exhalation. Strive to feel warmth – a sensation of heat emanating from your Solar Plexus.
- Truly, deeply engage – immerse in the feeling of the words of the Solar Plexus Chakra affirmation.
- Tip – if you need a little extra to amp your concentration, try chanting the seed mantra for the Solar Plexus Chakra: RAM.
128 Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations
Solar Plexus Chakra affirmations can help heal and activate the energy center that stokes your internal flame – willpower and digestive power – and ignites your sense of Self. By powering your intentions through affirmations, this chakra can be balanced and allow more alignment in life – inside and out.
Practice these Solar Plexus Chakra affirmations to elevate your energy, light up your determination and drive, and improve your confidence, sense of humor, and decisiveness. The ability to set healthy boundaries and be excited about life can be positively, and profoundly affected by working with Solar Plexus Chakra affirmations.
7 Basic Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations
- I am strong.
- I am in flow.
- I am powerful and brave.
- I know and trust myself.
- I honor myself.
- I am unlimited.
- I trust in love and life.
53 Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations for Personal Power and Self-Confidence
- I honor the power within me.
- I know who I am and I live true to myself.
- I don’t need the approval of others.
- My life has a divine purpose.
- I make my own decisions.
- I manifest power wherever I go.
- I accept myself completely.
- It is all happening with grace and ease.
- I have power within me.
- I am not my past.
- I confidently and fearlessly believe in myself.
- I am strong and courageous.
- I am focused and inspired.
- I have a lot to offer the world.
- I am aligned with my guiding principles, values, and purpose.
- I am radiant and thriving.
- I make decisions with confidence.
- I have high self-esteem and a confident personality.
- I radiate confidence and positivity.
- I know what is good for me and I work for it.
- I am worthy.
- I am worthy of all the best things in life.
- I am radiant and strong like the sun.
- I will accomplish my goals.
- I am equipped with all the tools I need to succeed.
- I seek and find opportunities for personal and spiritual growth.
- I am strong, capable, and powerful.
- I make decisions easily and face challenges calmly.
- I am in control of my life.
- I create my reality.
- I am valuable.
- I am loving. I am kind. I am brave.
- I expand my power with love.
- Everything I need, I have within.
- I choose goodness, light, and love.
- I am worthy of love, kindness, and respect, regardless of what I have done.
- I am enough. I have always been enough. I will always be enough.
- I am in control of how I respond to situations, and to the rest, I surrender.
- I honor myself and I am authentic.
- Where focus goes, energy flows, so I focus on confidence, success, and prosperity.
- I set boundaries with ease as an act of self-care and self-respect.
- I honor my needs and boundaries.
- I am free from the limitations of others.
- I am free from the need to be in control of everything in my life.
- I allow myself to shine.
- I am clear about my purpose in life.
- I trust myself and I trust my inner knowing.
- I choose the best for myself, always.
- Everything works out for me.
- I am comfortable being in my power.
- I honor the power within me.
- I don’t need validation from others.
- I am my highest and most authentic self.
51 Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations for Motivation
- I am inspired and motivated.
- I accomplish things/tasks with ease.
- I am successful in all my ventures.
- I am ambitious and capable of whatever I desire.
- I wholeheartedly believe in myself.
- I enjoy life to the fullest.
- It’s ok to make mistakes – I always learn from them.
- My mind is clear.
- I can overcome this.
- I am motivated to find my life purpose.
- I overcome all obstacles.
- I trust my gut instinct.
- I am confident in all that I do.
- I believe in myself.
- I make my dreams a reality.
- I can do hard things.
- I am positive.
- I can achieve anything I desire.
- I am in alignment with the abundance flow of the universe.
- I release judgment of myself.
- I can accomplish incredible things.
- I am a creator.
- I am an ambitious person.
- I am courageous and resilient.
- I chose to work hard and follow my dreams.
- I am proud of myself and my achievements.
- I release judgment of others and of myself.
- My work has ease and flow.
- I follow my intuition and inner guidance.
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I am competent, capable, and strong.
- I can achieve my goals.
- I feel calm, confident, and powerful.
- I am aligned with my purpose.
- The fire within me burns through all blocks and fears.
- My dreams are becoming my reality.
- My time is valuable.
- I build a better world.
- I stand up for myself and I believe in myself.
- I fully own and stand in my power and ability.
- The world has room for everyone to be themselves.
- I direct my own life and I stand up for myself.
- I control how I respond to situations.
- I have everything I want.
- I accept the power of my being to produce health, love, and joy in my life.
- I am not jealous of other people’s success.
- I am empowered, and I empower others.
- I communicate the truth.
- I release the need to control.
- I confidently welcome new experiences.
- I can do everything that I desire.
17 Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations for Igniting Your Inner Fire
- I am in touch with my inner fire.
- I am light.
- I am bright.
- I shine.
- I am on fire!
- I am fearless in the pursuit of what sets my soul on fire.
- My inner warmth is radiant.
- I can stoke my inner fire.
- I can ignite my inner flame.
- I have fiery courage and confidence to accept my dreams as reality.
- I stand in my power.
- I live in warmth and integrity.
- I trust that my way to the path will be well lit.
- My footsteps are illuminated upon my path.
- My inner flame is blazing.
- My willpower is strong.
- My light is eternal.
- I am radiant.
Choose affirmations that feel meaningful for you, and repeat them regularly. Continue to work with your chosen affirmation(s) until you intuitively feel ready for a new one.
Consistency is key, so choose a few (no more than three) affirmations to use daily. You can either set aside a specific time to meditate with your affirmation(s), or you can repeat them silently in your mind as you go about your day.
Really tune into the words you’re saying, and trust that you will feel the energy they carry as you become who you wish to be. When used regularly, Solar Plexus Chakra affirmations are potent mantras – medicine for self-confidence, willpower and warmth – internal and external.